If you’re missing all of your teeth, how can you get affordable dentures? And is a Snap-On Smile an option? Consider the facts.
Dentures vary in cost and quality. Budget dentures are the least expensive option, but they are also the least natural-looking and the least durable option. Yet they enable you to smile, speak, and eat more easily than you could with no dentures at all.
Cosmetic dentures are comfortable and made of high-quality materials. They have several advantages.
- Appearance – High-quality teeth are used for a natural look. Your input will be included to produce denture teeth in the shape, size, and color that fit your preferences, personality, and facial features.
- Fit – Multiple measurements are taken to ensure your denture base is secure without irritating your gums.
- Feel – Cosmetic dentures feel more like your natural teeth.
Dentures can be stabilized with as few two dental implants. Snap-on dentures—not a Snap-On Smiles—only require two implants. Implants are placed in your jawbone, and after a healing period, your dentures will be attached to them. Implant-supported dentures have several advantages:
- Prevent lifting and slippage
- Improve speech and chewing function
- Prevent jawbone shrinkage, which occurs when all of your teeth are missing
What about a Snap-On Smile?
A Snap-On Smile is not a suitable alternative to dentures for several reasons.
- It fits over your natural teeth and is designed to hide imperfection, including misalignment or a few missing teeth. But it is not a solution when all of your teeth are missing.
- It is a temporary cosmetic solution. If you wear it daily it will wear out quickly.
- Since it’s meant to snap over your teeth, when all your teeth are missing, the Snap-On Smile won’t have any support. It will easily dislodge.
- The appliance is acrylic, so without natural teeth beneath it, you will have difficulty chewing.
Your ability to smile, speak, and eat with ease affects your quality of life and your health. If you insist on cheap dentures, keep in mind that you will likely be disappointed with the way they function. And they can wear out quickly and need to be replaced..
The photos below show the difference natural-looking dentures can make with your smile and oral health.
If you are on a budget and need dentures, speak with a qualified dentist about how quality dentures can be made affordable for you. Payment plans or financing can help you receive a healthy solution that looks natural. This post is sponsored by Salem, MA dentist Dr. Randall Burba of Burba Dental