In years past, the only option for filling a cavity was amalgam, commonly called silver, fillings. Today there are better options. At Burba Dental we want to provide the best care options to our patients. That is why we do only composite (or white) fillings in our office.
Advantages of White Fillings
There are distinct advantages to composite fillings:
- They are bonded directly to your tooth, which helps to strengthen your tooth structure. Amalgam fillings actually weaken your tooth structure.
- They require less drilling to place and less removal of the tooth structure than amalgam fillings.
- They look just like your natural teeth.
- You’ll never have to worry about a metallic taste or any metal in your mouth conducting hot or cold when you eat.
- Composite fillings are mercury-free.
Choosing a Salem, MA Dentist to do your White Fillings
Many dental schools still emphasize placing amalgam fillings on back teeth. Because of that, you need to be especially careful of choosing your dentist. It will require additional training beyond what he or she would get during general dental training. If the composite fillings aren’t placed properly, it can lead to painful post-operative tooth sensitivity. Both Dr. Randall Burba and Dr. Stanley Burba have received advanced training in placing white fillings on back teeth. Additionally, Dr. Randall Burba is an AACD accredited cosmetic dentist.
If you are in need of fillings you may call our office to schedule an appointment, or if you prefer, you may click here to request an appointment online.