It used to be that if you wanted a straighter smile, you’d have to endure years of uncomfortable metal brackets and bulky braces. While this method is still relevant and has its place in particular situations, it’s no longer the only way. With new technology, teeth can be straightened using clear aligners.
Here are some benefits of clear aligners versus traditional braces.
- They are much more comfortable.
- Home care is much easier than traditional braces since they are removable for cleaning.
- What you can eat is not limited because you don’t have to fear food getting stuck.
- They work faster. The entire process only takes six months to one year.
- They are invisible. No one will know you are wearing them.
- They often cost less.
At Burba Dental Partners, we use ClearCorrect brand of clear aligners. The process is simple — First, our doctors will use an optical scanner to take a digital impression of your teeth. Next, these images are used to create a set of custom aligners for you. The first set will feel like they don’t fit – this is because they are working to gently move your teeth into their new positions. Once these feel like they fit, their job is done and it is time to move on to a new set. The process continues until your teeth have been straightened to your liking.
Are you ready to see if you might be a candidate for ClearCorrect invisible aligners, how much time treatment will take, and how much it might cost? Request an appointment and we’ll be happy to get you on the road toward getting a straighter, more confident smile!