There’s a new option in orthodontics. No longer do you need bulky, uncomfortable metal brackets filling your mouth in order to straighten your teeth. With new technology, you can now use clear aligners to straighten your teeth.
With these advanced options, you can have a beautiful, straight smile in half the time of traditional braces. Without wires. Without brackets. Even without anyone even knowing you’re wearing anything on your teeth.
Most people have heard of Invisalign. It was the first on the market in clear aligners. While Dr. Burba has used Invisalign for many years, he now prefers Clear Correct.
Clear Correct Versus Invisalign
There are three key differences between the two brands that contributed to his switch:
- First: Cost. Clear Correct is less costly than Invisalign. This savings can be passed on to you, the patient, making beautiful straight teeth more accessible for those on a tighter budget.
- Second: Thickness. Clear Corrects aligners are slightly thinner than Invisalign. This means added comfort to the patient. Invisalign was more comfortable than traditional braces. Clear Correct is more comfortable than Invisalign.
- Third: Flexibility. The human body is marvelous and full of wonder. However, each human body is unique. While some patients will go exactly in line with the design of their treatment plan, other times their bite gets a tad cantankerous and does not cooperate. This is normal and nothing to worry about. There is a benefit to using Clear Correct in these circumstances, though. The treatment plan is more flexible and gives the dentist a better ability to adjust things throughout the treatment. This results in a better outcome.
How does Salem, MA Clear Correct work?
First, Dr. Burba will take a detailed impression of your teeth in order to facilitate planning your tooth movements. Three-dimensional images of the impressions are programmed into a computer that will manufacture a set of aligners designed specifically for your teeth. When you receive your first set of aligners they will feel like they don’t fit. This is intentional. The aligners are gently moving your teeth into a new position. After about two weeks, they will fit naturally. It is then time for the next set of aligners. This continues until your teeth are beautifully straight. This new computerized method is much more accurate than other orthodontics. Because of that, Clear Correct works in about six months to a year, which is half the time of traditional braces.
Advantages of Clear Correct
- They are much more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Tooth maintenance is much easier. Simply remove the aligners to brush and floss normally.
- You can eat anything you want without the fear of your food getting stuck. Remove them to eat, and put them back when you’re done. It’s that simple.
- They are much faster than traditional orthodontics. You’ll be completely done with them in six months to a year, as opposed to the two to three years traditional braces require.
- They are truly invisible. No one will know you are wearing them.
Disadvantages of Clear Correct
- It won’t work without patient compliance. Because the aligners are removable, it is up to the patient when and how much to wear them.
If you would like to know if you’re a candidate for Clear Correct, we’d be happy to have one of our doctors discuss that with you. Call us at (978) 744-7575, or visit our request an appointment page.